5 Fast & Frugal Meal Ideas For Moms To Save Time & Money
I’ve decided decided to put together a list of “5 Fast & Frugal Meal Ideas For Moms To Save Time & Money”. I am a mom who loves to cook. However, sometimes coming home from work and doing regular mommy duties can be overwhelming. These meals are quick and easy and you’ll definitely save lots of money using them. Let’s get into the list!
Comfort Meal Ideas
- Chili- This is such an easy dish, whether it’s cooked on the stove or in a crock pot. You can typically even have enough for leftovers depending on how big your household is. All you need is: chili beans, chili seasoning, tomato paste, ground beef, and tomato sauce. Now I typically add bell peppers, onions, cheese, sour cream, and either crackers or corn bread, but if you aren’t trying to be too fancy the basic items will be just fine. You could shop for these items at your local grocery store and the dollar store typically has these items priced at $1 or less (except for the ground beef of course). This meal is especially perfect for the winter and fall season. You can’t go wrong with a delicious bowl of chili.
- Pot Roast- I love a good Pot Roast! All you need is: a roast (whichever type you prefer), potatoes, carrots, celery, and a gravy seasoning or jarred gravy. I also add banana peppers, a packet of onion soup, and a packet of ranch mix. The last listed items are completely optional, those are just from a recipe that I’ve tried and that my family and I have found to be delicious.
- Chicken Noodle Soup- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is such a comforting meal. I love to make this when during chilly weather. All you need is: chicken breasts or legs, noodles, carrots, chicken broth, celery, thyme, and bay leaf. I typically cook corn bread as well, to fill the family up. This one will definitely put a smile on everyone’s faces.
Fun Meals For Family Nights
- Tacos- Tacos are such a quick and money saving meal that will definitely feed the entire family. If you are on a strict budget, you can find most of these ingredients at your local Dollar Tree. All you’ll need is: ground beef, taco seasoning, taco shells, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and taco sauce. My family and I love to add cucumbers, jalapeños, and different spicy sauces to add some fun to our taco nights. Give these a try and tell me if you like them or not.
- Spaghetti- This meal for sure will save you time! My family and I love to put a spin on our spaghetti, by spicing up our sauce with mushrooms, multi-colored peppers, and a series of spices. However, if you just want a quick meal you can easily just purchase spaghetti noodles, pasta sauce, ground beef or an alternative if your family doesn’t eat meal, an onion, and garlic bread. This meal is perfect for leftovers if you know you’ll be tired after coming home from a long stressful day of work.
If you’ve enjoyed these meal ideas or have your own, please leave any comments below. Please remember that I season all of my recipes with garlic powder, pepper, season salt, and other seasonings, so season to your liking.
If you enjoy shopping at the Dollar Tree, check out my post!